Araglen Premier Division.
Sunday 26th October '03
Bugbrooke Five Bells

Tim Knowles
Gavin Richardson
Kings Heath united
    Marc Jeffery(2)
Bob Tansley

"Yes we did find the ground....Eventually"

Manager Ivey kept faith with last weeks winning eleven for this testing clash in deepest Bugbrooke, but welcomed Chris Davies and Glenn Billingham back into the match-day squad after injury.
A damp winters morning was the setting for some 'car-park-golf' and 'general chit-chat' before settling in the worlds smallest changing room.
Reverend Ivey preached for more of the same following last weeks 6-1 demolition of Abington Rangers, and in the bright orange away strip, the boys were on their way.
The match started in a scrappy fashion with good chances few and far between. A dangerous playing surface didn't help Lee 'Chopper' Morin as he landed in awkward fashion twisting a knee. Glenn Billingham was called into the action earlier than anticipated, slotting straight in at right-back.
The first 45mins panned out to be quite a frustrating stop/start affair with both sides showing only glimpses of good football. It was Kings Heath who were more threatening though, Andy Blenco was beginning to run the game from midfield, along with the experience of 'Barry Lansley'.
In inevitable fashion, it was the two players who combined to break the deadlock. Depending on wether you work for the Chronichle & Echo or not, it was either Lansley or Tansley who finished calmly for the 1-0 lead.
As the Heath continued pressing, Marc Jeffery doubled the lead with another well-taken effort. By this time Heath looked to be well in control. The Blenco brothers influencial, Andy continuing to pull the midfield strings, and Nicky keeping the experienced Rob Frost very quiet indeed. Signs for the second-half looked good as Heath went in 2-0 up at the break.
A professional, disciplined and concientious start to the second period saw Heath weather the inevitable Bugbrooke storm early on. The boys in orange even managed to add another goal to their tally. Marc Jeffery on hand to put the finishing touch on another impressive move.
Heath were un-lucky not to add further goals, Tansley, Anger and Robinson all un-lucky. The game turned slightly when the influencial Andy Blenco became the second casualty of the match. A twisted knee for Blenco saw Chris Davies introduced into the fray.
As things began to settle again, there was some impressive football on display. Billingham, Tansley and Sampson all linking well down the right-hand side. Bugbrooke, to their credit, never gave up and got themselves a lifeline through Tim Knowles.
The awkward 8'9" utility player somehow carved a way through the Heath defence and tucked away a neat finish. All with the finesse of a Russian ballet dancer... just ask Rob Page! MEGS!!!
3-1 became 3-2 thanks to a Gavin Richardson goal. Richardson pouncing on a lucky break in the Kings Heath penalty area. Bugbrooke grabbing a share of the points looked inevitable when 2nd-half-substitute Chris Davies saw red. Davies un-lucky as he didnt really do anything to warrant a booking, let alone the red card. Down to 10 men, Kings Heath battled, defended and in the end, deserved the victory they hung on for.
Glenn 'Nick Collins' Billingham
Bugbrooke Community Centre
Sky Sports.

Kings Heath United (4-4-2):
L.Morin (G.Billingham), R.Page, N.Blenco, W.Hamill
B.Tansley, A.Blenco (C.Davies), J.Anger, D.Robinson
C.Sampson, M.Jeffrey
Venue: Bugbrooke
K.O.: 10:30am
Report By Glenn Billingham
Copyright 2004 Site Designed by Chopper.
All Rights Reserved.