Araglen Premier Division.
Tuesday 6th April '04
Kings Heath United

Marc Jeffery
St. Margarets

"A bumper crowd packed in at the North Oval this evening, hoping to witness Kings Heath making sure Maggies weren't going to take the title. Sadly, this wasn't the case..."

A frantic start to the game saw a high tempo and neither side really settle down, Heath were defending too deep and starting to allow Margarets to come at them.
This paved the way for the deadlock to be broken. A free-kick swung in from the right, saw the ball bundled home by Pete Robinson, 1-0 Maggies.
This actually kick-started Heath into playing some football, and apart from a couple of half-chances that fell to Nick Worley, Heath looked to be taking to game to their more illustrious opponents.
Heath were creating chances of their own. The front men were in dynamic form, and were very un-lucky on more than a couple of occasions. The usually reliable left-peg of Matty Newton was also guilty of missing a crucial chance.
As the half-time whistle blew, the score remained with the visitors still holding the advantage, 1-0.
Sadly, the second-half was a non-event. Three Margarets goals in the space of 8 minutes blew away any chances of a Heath fightback. Wayne Richardson, Nick Worley and Aidy Mann all on target. Only the heroics of Olly Urquhart in the Heath goal kept the score respectable. Urquhart prooving why he's rated as N'ptons best stopper.
Credit to Heath though, they continued to have a go and the introduction of Paul Pickering had Maggies on the back foot on several occasions.
Glenn Billingham came close to grabbing a colsolation. His crisp and calculated effort being tipped over by Pete Earl in the Margarets goal.
It was Marc Jeffery though who did manage to get the consolation goal. Jeffers had worked tirelessley throughout the game and deserved his goal. As the Heath defence started to tire, two more goals were added in the closing stages, Richardson and Worley doubling their tallys for the evening.

All in all, it was a bitterley disapointing night for Kings Heath. People can talk about 'ifs and buts' until their face turns blue (alot like Aidy Mann's after 10mins), but at the end of the day, Heath weren't good enough.
Out-played, out-thought, out-ran and must do better!

Kings Heath United (4-4-2):
L.Morin, R.Paige, N.Blenco, G.Billingham
M.Newton, J.Anger, B.Tansley, J.Urquhart
P.Pickering, M.Jeffery
Venue: North Oval Ground, Kings Heath
K.O.: 6:15pm
Match Report by Glenn Billingham
Copyright 2004 Site Designed by Chopper.
All Rights Reserved.